Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cate's Smash Cake!!

** First, I have to speak as a photographer - My camera has finally had it and wasn't quite up to the task of this session. Bad news: I missed a lot of great shots and I'm not completely in love with all the ones I ended up settling for.  So, my wallet is about to go into shock. That being said...Good news: I'm getting a new camera!!!! This is not only fun for me but great news for my clients that have sessions coming up! **

Now back to being a mommy...

I did these photos on Cate's actual birthday. I took the day off to be with her and we had a great day!! We did this early to beat the heat, so besides a few cheerios, her smash cake was also breakfast. Her cake was done by Dream Cakes by Valere - just what I wanted, simple, pink and fluffy. We had a duplicate done for her party.
Cate kept things relatively clean for a smash cake session. She only ate the icing until I dug into the cake and even then she didn't eat much!

The highchair she is sitting in is a family heirloom, so it's very special! Many babies in our family have eaten in this chair, including me, and this was her first time!























No comments:

Post a Comment